Monday, August 11, 2008

Boyd pond, KG Popok, Kota Marudu. Sabah.

new record catch with my yozuri minnow red head..

the 500 - 700 gram snakehead with yozuri red head minnow..

total catch of the day, will repeat other time with Boyd..

1st catch of the day, with berkley powerbait gulp...

the snakehead swallow all the soft plastic...

this 2nd catch also want to swallow all my lure...

2nd catch with berkley powerbait gulp, charteuse..

new record of my casting, snakehead with yozuri red head minnow...

After arranging several times with my friend Boyd, finally i get back to his pond for a casting trip... its a half day oppurtunity for me as Boyd was clearing his pond area... i try out several lure, and my strike pro popper was strike by an unknown fish, which i think was Tarpon... several strike but no solid hook up with the fish... then we went to several other pond that surrounding the area, i reach out my berkley powerbait gulp, charteuse colour... then i cast out and only the first cast i manage to catch the 1 st snakehead... small 1 around 300 - 400 gram... the snakehead swallow in all the lure and the jig head... the second catch also the first cast after releasing my 1 fish out of hook... this time the snakehead also almost swallow all the soft plastic... then the pond become quite for a while, and no more catch or strike with the soft plastic... i look into my box, then i pick up my yozuri red head minnow. i cast out through the pond and the 3 rd cast had given a smile! a fish strike! when i retrieve back, the fish as i guest it was another snakehead, this time around 500 - 700 gram weight... what a record! my 1st fish hook up on lure! after that i try my bomber bushwhacker spinnerbait... hook up with some snakehead but all the hook up is not solid enough to bring the snakehead out of the water... we finish our session at 12 noon... and the fish i give it to the owner, my friend Boyd... hope i will go there again and try to cast the larger 1 and also the fish that strike my popper...

No comments: