Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Save Spot For Snakehead.

the safe spot i've been releasing some snakehead here...

catch & release to preserve the fish stock here...

almost swallow all my flying frog...

800 gram of snakehead today...

Today, after i finish my work on site, i went back to my save spot for these snakehead. i've been releasing some of the snakehead i caught other place here. maybe it had grew bigger and more. the spot had some weedy grass inside it, and its surround by palm estate. this spot i choose to lay off the snakehead because i think its safe because less people are netting and fishing here. hopefully it will stay that way in the future. no one knew i release some snakehead here, at least clay knew it. the water a bit muddy when i arrive here today.

from the sight i saw some snakehead rise, i gave it a try with my top water lure, the so called flying frog to try to get at least 1 snakehead here today. after few cast, suddenly i got a strike from a small size snakehead, its flew in the air thrice... then when its struggle again its lose... ohh... i lost my catch... never mind, i would like to try again... after few cast, still no sign of striking. until my lure passing a weedy area, suddenly i saw the water flow out from the weedy and bbbuuuussss!!!! the snakehead strike! this time its a solid hook up, the snakehead gave me a fierce fight, i almost loose it when the snakehead were pulling out my line easily, i wonder how strong is the snakehead, then i realize that i didn't tighten my drag, ffuuuhhh... what a waste if i lose this 1 again... then after several second of pulling my line, then i got a chance to landed it inland. wow.. to my surprise, its a huge 1 too... after measuring the weight, its weighting exactly 800 gram... what a good size of snakehead... after i detach the hook and taking photo, i quickly release it back to the water. it swim just after i release it back.

hopefully this place will be safe for a long time from destruction. after the catch, i cast for a while and then went back home.

No comments: